Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter 7

Well, don't wanna know don't read for a start. But I have to write this somewhere.



Oh my god it was fucking AWESOME.
I read it in 7 hours, and I still haven't gone to sleep (8 I can't, too much adrenaline and caffiene in my system. After the inital adrenaline from finishing the book (and only one cup of tea), I have had 2 cups of coffee this morning. lol.

Anywho, my thoughts and feelings overall? Well, I thought the beginning and end were amazing, JK included so much cool stuff, so many answers to the burning questions I'm sure many fans will have had after book 6. The middle? Not so hot, but she kept it interesting for me so I'm not complaining - I think reading about the trio being stuck in a tent for most of it, at like 3am just got a bit dull after a while.

Deaths. So many D: I wanted to cry at most of them, but I held back the tears until Fred died, not because it was specifically him, just because at that point it was getting to me how many characters were gone. Hedwig made me very sad indeed, I was pissed off when she just glossed over Remus + Tonks dying, but I think perhaps it was for the best. Remus was JK's faveourite afterall and I bet that was hard for her to write.

Mind you, I had had it spoiled slightly for me when a friend of mine told me a number alluding to the amount of people who die. I'm guessing she was referring to main characters, because more than 12 people died overall, I made a list and everything afterwards just to see if she was right.

1) That Muggle Studies teacher
2) Hedwig
3) Rufus Scrimgeour
4) Dobby
5) Peter Pettigrew
6) Remus
7) Tonks
8) Fred
9) Moldyshorts... I mean Voldemort
10) Ted Tonks
11) Snape
12) Bellatrix
13) Fenrir Greyback
14) Mad Eye Moody

So I'm guessing she didn't count the muggle studies teacher and Ted

Also, I loved how we were told people's patronuses, I loved the chapter on Snape, Lily and Petunia, I loved the part where Lupin threw a tantrum (not sure I'm keen on the name of his kid though... Teddy wtf that's a stupid name)

Although I liked the epilogue, it was confusing with all the names like Albus Severus, Lily and James. I loved how she wrote in Harry's memories from the previous books.

last thought - is snape an animagus w/the whole bat thing? o_O

No comments: