Monday, July 23, 2007

PatterKillers (8 (day one)

Yay! We went to pick up my caterpillars today from the post office. Apparently I got the 'big set' which means I get two tubs with 5 caterpillars in each. They weren't moving at first but now one or two wriggle around periodically and start feeding on the creamy goo stuff they've got at the bottom of the pot. It's a bit gross but it's mesmerising to watch them.

One pot has caterpillars that are bigger and beefier, in the second pot I think two are dead. There's a really -really- tiny one in the middle of the pot that hasn't made an indent in the food and hasn't made itself a home from web (like the others have) and there's a weird one that's crawled part way up the side and hasn't moved yet. It's all pale compared to the others and doesn't have any spikes (this one also automatically made me think FAIL)

I do have a faveourite. In the beefy pot lot there's one that ventured out of the web home for a bit and started munching away in pastures anew. I like that one, it's not so much a wimp. ;D

No comments: