Thursday, May 17, 2007

Circular arguments

I've said previously that I thought that some people purely used me as their Agony Aunt. But deep down, I don't really mind, no matter how little I know the person I feel better after sorting out their problems into a neat little pile of suggestions. Today I was emailed by a friend asking for help - wow. I felt quite honoured to be honest, this was someone I hadn't talked to properly since I fell out with her best friend last year. I hadn't fallen out with her you understand, but we'd drifted apart. I thought I would be the last person she would turn to, but all the same, it was nice to be asked for help when we both knew that I could give her some useful advice.

I say this because her situation had become eerily similar to mine.


I know this seems like a random email, but I just wanted some advice. I
know we don't actually..talk anymore - but I know I can still get some great
thoughts and opinions from your POV. But if you don't have time to
read it or just don't want to, i can understand.

It's basically about Amelia. I'm fed up with her.

Ha - this came as a surprise to me. Cassie and Amelia have been best friends for... well forever as far as we can be concerned. But basically she went on to tell me that every monday and wednesday she had been meeting Amelia in the bus station, to talk and to keep the friendship going (as they went to different colleges). Amelia had suddenly been ignoring her and acting strangely after Cassie had not gone to the bus station for 2 mondays in a row, but this was because

1) her exams were near and she had been going up to college early to revise
2) she had also been looking after another friend of hers that had been in and out of hospital for the past few weeks.

We find out that it was Amelia felt that Cassie was not there for her anymore - a similar problem I had suffered when I met, and began going out with, Finn.

For all I went through, I came out of it thinking I was the bad person. Yet, hearing this, Cassie and I came to the conclusion that it really was Amelia with the problem. Having just solved it, I could write more, but I don't really want to.

No comments: