Saturday, August 11, 2007

KittyKattys

We went to Chester today - one just for a day out, and two because the Chester and North Wales catshow was on. It was great, and perfect weather for such an occasion. We walked round the old walls of the city (known as the Chester wall walk), and had an icecream by the river while we watched the ducks and seagulls and stuff. (I was tempted to have a stem ginger icecream but in the end opted for chocolate).

The catshow itself brought back memories I can tell you, the smell of the place was one thing. Hot, vaguely cat weey and fur smell. Although I was sort of dissapointed we didn't see much else apart from siamese and persians. Then again you can take it as read that the majority of cats shown at these things fall into one of those two categories. Still, there was some other very pretty things there, and some very friendly ones. It always annoys me because you're not allowed to stroke them (and it's hard keeping your hands to yourself!) but you wouldn't want to spread some sort of disease and it's just politeness really. I mean, if I was showing my cats I wouldn't want the general public poking and prodding at them endlessly.

Still. There were a few cats/kittens there I would have -gladly- snuck off with ;3

No comments: