Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowed in and valentines day

Wow, I guess I'm only just getting round to posting this now. But what a weekend. On Friday, Finn had been invited to a friend's 18th - and since he had previously turned down an invite, he felt he couldn't really turn Alex down a second time. Though Finn didn't really fancy going on his own, so I offered to come with. I had also been invited but well, it wasn't really my thing ^^ (so really, I was just going so that Finn wouldn't be stuck there on his own)

So we went, and it was really snowy. The buses were having trouble getting up the hill to Holme at 5:30, so I doubted I was going to be able to get up there at 11 o'clock at night. But anyway, I got a free lift down into town, and I was allowed to crash at Finn's for a while until we could get a bus into town. We stayed at the party for an hour or so. It was what Alex had described as a 'posh bar' - and it was ok I guess, the highlight of the evening was when Amelia set her hair on fire. There were tea-lights set on the back of the setee, and she happened to lean back and... well - I imagine you can guess the rest. But we left quite early, and even then all but one taxi firm had stopped running, and many of the buses were only running direct to places. I realised that the Holme bus hadn't a chance in hell to get back, so we caught the next to last (parkhead) bus.

And I ended up staying the night at Finn's. ^^

--

On another note - happy valentines day everyone ^^

Lots of people today had Roses, even my friend Liz in Physics, her boyfriend had got her a bag full of stuff. And if you're thinking this is headed down the 'well I didn't get anything route' - you'd be wrong =)I didn't want a present, and I don't like roses. I'd told Finn I didn't want anything for Valentines day, just that I wanted to spend some time with him ^^ so after college (we left at lunchtime 'cos it's a Wednesday and wohoo Scrabble club was cancelled!) we walked down to Sainsburies and bought some Gu. After that we sat on a bench and ate it while watching the pidgeons and talking about mutations and random things like that. Ok so not your typical Valentines day, but I preferred what we did to going out for a meal etc. (I like origional activities) and ok, the mother laughed at me because yes she got the boring old 12 roses and she was all traditional and things. But I don't care =D I had a great time. (We went home after that and played Guild Wars for the rest of the evening. Best Valentines day Ever.)

No comments: