Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On being Female

Grr. This post is a small rant, on being female, so I'll warn you now it's not going to be nice. If you don't want to read about female... functions, please don't read this.




I warned you.

I woke up last night at 4am, there was blood everywhere. Urgh, why do these things always happen in the middle of the night - I mean can't it just be helpful and start while I'm awake so I can do something about it? No, I'd made a horrible mess everywhere, of my bed and of myself.

I mean, it's supposed to be a glourious celebration of fertility and everything, but to me it's just an inconveniance. I don't find three of four days worth of short temperdness, nausea, lack of appetite, stomach pain and bleeding particularly fun every month. One person once said to my mother 'God, haven't you learnt to control it by now?' (Yes, they were male). No, there is no controlling it; you can't control the flow of blood if you cut yourself (i.e. bleeding! not bleeding... bleeding!) it stops when it clots. It's exactly the same with a period. I wish humans had the same menstrual cycle as a cat.

No comments: